Raising Ethics 1st Data and AI Champions!!
The Mission of DataEthics4All Foundation, a Presidential Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) Certifying Organization is to Raise Ethics 1st Data and AI Champions!
What is Ethics 1st.
“Ethics 1st” refers to the idea that ethical considerations should be prioritized above all other concerns in decision-making.
This philosophy is grounded in the belief that ethical considerations are fundamental to human dignity and flourishing, and that decisions made without regard for ethics can have serious negative consequences.
In other words, before any other factors such as profitability, efficiency, or convenience are considered, ethical considerations should come first.
This can mean prioritizing the interests of stakeholders such as customers, employees, or the broader community over the interests of shareholders or executives.
It can also mean taking a long-term view of decision-making, rather than focusing solely on short-term gains or immediate results.
In the context of business, putting “Ethics 1st” suggests that businesses should prioritize ethical considerations such as environmental sustainability, social responsibility, and fair labor practices.
This approach can help businesses build trust with customers and stakeholders, which can lead to long-term success and sustainability.
DataEthics4All Foundation is moving the needle on cultivating an Ethics 1st Mindset amongst Youth through
Ethics 1st Data and AI Challenges and STEAM in AIᵀᴹ College Prep, Career Mentoring and Experiential Learning Program for High School Students!
We are transforming our Community Platform into an Ethics 1st Data and AI Challenges Platform!
Check out our ChatGPT Challenge open now for all High School Students.
What this means is that High School Students across the World will have the opportunity to participate in an Ethics 1st Data and AI challenge, earn Volunteer Hours or other Perks, create Social Impact and develop an Ethics Mindset to become an Ethics 1st Data and AI Champion!!
College Students as well as Data and AI Professionals across the Globe can join the Community and the Challenges as a Mentor.
Today, there exist many new linear as well as non-linear STEAM career paths that we’d like our students to be aware of and be able to take advantage of.
Choose a career in STEAM whether or not Math, Science or Coding are their biggest passions.
AI is going to be used in every Industry in the future from healthcare to construction and everything in between.
DataEthics4All believes that combining the traditional with this new definition of STEAM will bring the much needed STEAM in AIᵀᴹ to break barriers of entry in tech for the economically disadvantaged, people of color and girls.
The traditional definition of STEAM means Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math.
DataEthics4All Foundation’s definition of STEAM also includes Sociology, Technical Education, Ethics, Analytics and Mentoring!
DataEthics4All Foundation’s STEAM in AI College Prep, Career Mentoring and Experiential Learning Program for High School Students!
Learn more about the STEAM in AI College Prep Program.
What’s unique about the STEAM in AI College Prep, Career Mentoring and Experiential Learning Program?
Research or Build:
Choose to do Research, or Build an iPhone/Android App or work on a Data Science/ Al Challenge in an area of interest. Your Project. Your Choice.
No Coding or Research Experience needed to enroll in this Program and is truly designed for all High School Students
Making high paying Data and AI careers accessible through hands on career exploration
Access to Mentors:
1:1 or Group Career Mentoring in Data and AI by Industry Leaders and College Students
Data and AI Mentors to look up to, admire and aspire to become
Share a great story on your College Applications based on your learning, challenges encountered, and experience gained from this hands on project and stand out
Obvious win for High School Students, great side hustle for Mentors
Help Build a Diverse and Inclusive Future Tech Workforce
Breaking Barriers of Entry in Technology For Girls, People of Color, Foster Youth and the Economically Disadvantaged
Aligned with 8 UN’s SDGs
Initiatives and Impact.
Some of the Programs and Initiatives that DataEthics4All Foundation has launched, built till date and their Impact:
1. DataEthics4All Community – Home to Data and AI Professionals from 55 Countries across the Globe.
2. Advisory Council – World’s 1st Independent (no Fiduciary Responsibility) Advisory Council on Data Ethics to create awareness on the ethical use of the entire data pipeline.
3. Leadership Council – Our Task Force with Members from different parts of the globe.
4. AI Youth Council – 1st Council for Youth Leaders on Ethics of Data and Artificial Intelligence.
5. STEAM in AI – College Prep, Career Mentoring and Experiential Learning. We match a High School Student with a Data and AI Expert for a hands on project in Research or Data Science.
6. Ethics 1st Data and AI Challenges – First Organization to bring Data and AI Challenges for High School Students to help them develop an Ethics Mindset and earn Volunteer Hours for Community Service.
7. Data Ethics Institute – 15+ On Demand Courses, Bootcamps on Data and AI Ethics including 3 specially designed AI Ethics Courses for Youth.
8. Town Hall – A Think Tank Community event designed to have an open discussion and sharing of wisdom across generations on relevant topics related to Data and AI Ethics. Hosted several Town Halls on topics such as ‘The Impact of Social Media Algorithms on the lives of Young Adults‘, ‘The Metaverse is here. But is it ethical‘, ‘Hate crimes and the role of Technology in minimizing them‘, ‘The Impact of Technology on Post-Quarantine Social Norms‘ and more.
9. AI DIET 100 Champions List – Our list of 100 DIET Champions, unlike any other list out there, to honor Trailblazers in the fields of Data, Diversity, Inclusion, Impact, Ethics, Equity, Teams and Technology.
10. Free STEM Tutoring Club – More than Homework Help, instant answers, peer support, fall in love with the subject, peer to peer tutoring.
11. AI DIET Returnship for Women+ – An inclusive program to help Women+ in Tech with a Career Gap to re-enter the Workforce.
12. AI DIET Magazine – First Magazine designed not just to inform readers on the AI / ML and Data Science landscape but to provide a holistic view on the topic from the cognitive lenses of DIET: Data & Diversity, Inclusion & Impact, Ethics & Equity, Teams & Technology.
13. AI DIET World – Champions, Career Fair and Solutions Hack. A Celebration of Ethics 1st minded People, Companies and Products. A LinkedIn Live Virtual Event with Keynote Speakers from IBM, Google, AWS, HCL Technologies, Go Daddy. Attended by 350+ Data and AI Professionals worldwide.
14. Ethics4NextGen AI Hackathon & Summit – One of a kind event with many many firsts. The first Hackathon on Criminal Justice and Predictive Policing after the George Floyd incident. First Hackathon designed for non Techies. First Hackathon to use an AI Algorithm to create diverse and inclusive teams.
15. AI Society -The first Directory that would give Customers a choice of rating AI Solutions not just by Price, Ease of Use, Features and Customer Service but also for Ethics, Privacy and Trust. Today, our AI Society is ready with 100 AI Solutions and they’re now open for Customer Reviews.
16. Ethics 1st Job Board – An exclusive Job Board to collate job opportunities related to Ethics 1st – Data Privacy, Data Governance, Ethics and Compliance, AI Ethics and Responsible AI.
17. 12 Pillar Data Ethics Framework – A Framework for Companies thinking of adopting and implementing Data Ethics from the ground up in an organization.
18. Think Tank – Research, Trends, Insights, Guide related to Data and AI Ethics topics important to the Industry such as Job Landscape, Biometic Data Compliance, D&I Pipeline.
19. DataEthics4All Live – A Series of Fireside Chats with Industry Leaders. 14 Episodes.
20. Ethics 1st Live – A Series of LinkedIn Live Fireside Chat with Industry Leaders. 16 Episodes. Includes a star-studded panel on the DELETE Act with Industry Veterans and Senator Josh Becker.
21. My Journey into Tech – A Fireside Chat designed to help High School Students explore STEAM, Data and AI Career Paths through the story of a Technologist.
22. Internships – Opportunities for College Students to get real industry experience, career mentoring and recommendations in various fields. DataEthics4All Foundation is an Oxford Career Services Partner since 2020 and actively recruits from Universities such as Stanford, UC Berkeley and 50+ Universities nationwide. We’ve hosted more than 25 Interns so far.
23. Presidential Volunteer Service Awards – As a PVSA Certifying Organization, we track volunteer hours and have awarded The PVSA to 10 of our most engaged Volunteers so far in Bronze, Silver and Gold categories. This is an exclusive award for U.S. Citizens and is the highest award for Community Service in the Country. Award recipients receive a signed letter of appreciation from The President of the United States of America.
24. Annual Volunteer Appreciation Gala – DataEthics4All Foundation is most fortunate to have the support of 100+ Volunteers worldwide and we recognize and thank them in our annual volunteer appreciation gala with Certificates of Appreciation.
25. AIDIET4America – An Initiative to create America’s biggest coalition of AI for Data, Impact, Equity and Teams because America needs an AI DIET!
26. Ethics 1st Tech Entrepreneurs Club – An effort to help high school students learn ethical tech entrepreneurship by means of healthy competiton.
27. College Application Summer Camp – A Week long Summer Camp designed for High School Students to gain an overview of the College Application Process and how to ace College Admission Essay Writing. Provided 16 need based Scholarships.
28. 5M5Y – Our Pledge to help 5 Million economically disadvantaged students in 5 Years.
29. Tech Mixers – Hosted Holiday and Networking Mixers for Professionals and Students.
30. Movie Day – Hosted a Netflix Movie Viewing Party for ‘The Social Dilemma’.
31. Clubs and Chapters – An Initiative to help Students from High Schools and Colleges to bring data and AI ethics mindset to their peers, gain leadership experience and earn volunteer hours by starting a Club or Chapter.
32. DeepLearning.AI Event Ambassador – DeepLearning.AI started by Andrew Ng, Chairman and Founder of Coursera is an education technology company that is empowering the global workforce to build an AI-powered future through world-class education, hands-on training, and a collaborative community. We’re proud to be a DeepLearning.AI Event Ambassador.
33. Federal Trade Commission – Contributed by submitting comments to FTC’s Regulation Rule on ‘Commercial Surveillance and Data Security’.
34. U.S. Artificial Intelligence Commission – Submitted an RFI for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Technology Engagement Center Artificial Intelligence Commission.
35. U.S. Department of Education – Engage Every Student is a bold new call to action by the U.S. Department of Education to provide high-quality out-of-school time learning opportunities for every child who wants to participate. DataEthics4All Foundation is a proud Engage Every Student Ally.
36. U.S. Chamber of Commerce – Our work on ‘Building an Equity- Driven Workforce‘ has been featured on the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Center for Education and Workforce.
37. American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC) – Closing Keynote by Shilpi Agarwal, Founder and CEO, DataEthics4All Foundation at AMSC’s Data Analytics Conference. ASMC is the premier organization bringing people together in advancing thought leadership, professionalism, and ethics within the National Security financial management community serving the United States Department of Army, Defense, Navy, Space Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and the Air Force.
38. Audience – Global audience reach of 100,000+.
VP, Data & Analytics Events & Digital Offerings at Corinium Global Intelligence
Global Head, Health Economics & Outcomes Research at AbbVie | NYU Wagner School Professor
Join Us in Raising Ethics 1st Data and AI Champions
Roadmap to Building An Equity-Driven Workforce
Keep in touch with the latest in Data Ethics, Privacy, Compliance, Governance and Social Corporate Responsibility.