It’s my greatest joy and pride to welcome you to the launch of our brand new magazine, AI DIET.
Our biggest intention in creating this publication is to provide a safe space to share wisdom across generations on topics related to the ethics of data science and artificial intelligence and to create an open dialogue of critique, debate, and collaboration on how we can break barriers of entry, build cognitive diversity in Tech and raise the next generation of global leaders with an ethical mindset.
A space where everyone takes pride in calling it a home: from our Youth to our Professionals and provides value to our C-Suite as well.
Our AI DIET Magazine is an extension of our DataEthics4All Community and will cover topics on Data, Diversity, Impact, Ethics, Equity, Technology, and Artificial Intelligence.
I invite you to be fully involved in everything we’re doing:
1. Join a Community of like-minded leaders at the intersection of ethics, data, technology, policy, and social impact.
2. Show up and make yourself heard in our Town Hall Meetings where we discuss important topics relevant to our society.
3. Sign up as a Tutor or Mentor and join us in our mission to help 5 million economically disadvantaged students with free STEM homework help, mentoring, and career guidance.
4. Nominate a DIET Champion from your Company or showcase your DIET Story of Impact in our upcoming AI DIET World.
5. Join the DataEthics4All Think Tank as an Independent Researcher.
6. Take advantage of our PET4Youth Courses, Certifications, Talks, and Studios on Policy, Ethics and Technology designed especially for today’s Youth.
7. Partner with us as an Academic Institution, a Nonprofit, or a Corporation.
Our vision is to create a high-quality publication that will be relevant, challenging, thought-provoking, and inclusive of a diverse range of voices and perspectives, including graduate students, academic researchers, data and AI practitioners, scholars, policy-makers, marketers, psychologists, diversity and inclusion leaders, and youth.
We welcome original research, theoretical contributions, reviews of policy, critical commentaries, case studies, book reviews, AI frameworks, tools, and resources as well as works-in-progress.
We are extremely pleased that our inaugural AI DIET Magazine Vol 1 covers the best recap of our Ethics4NextGen AI Summit that had 250+ participants from 11 Countries and Global Speakers like Sheila Warren from the World Economic Forum, Marie Wallace from IBM Watson, Joe O’Murchadha from Lidl, Preeti Bajwa from The Department of Justice.
This issue also has fabulous thought-provoking articles from our Panelists such as Lucia DiNapoli from the University of Pennsylvania, Mayank Kejriwal from the University of Southern California, and from some of our Hack participants.
I’m delighted that you are joining us as readers and my hope is that you will also join us as contributors and as supporters of our mission.
Come Join a Community of World Leaders in Technology, Data, Ethics, Policy & Social Impact who care about the Next Generation of Responsible and Inclusive Tech.
Together we’re building a stronger, more Equitable Society, rich in Culture, Race, and Ethnicity with Tech having its rightful place and used for Social Good.
There’s nothing easy about data ethics in an age where virtually everything we do leaves a data trail. But in order for Businesses to retain the trust of their customers, they need to do it right by their data.
2. Come to a common understanding of what is considered right from wrong.
3. Raise awareness on the Dangers of using Data Science without Ethical Considerations.
4. Understand the long-term Advantages of Ethical Business Considerations in earning Customer’s Trust and Loyalty.
5. Create and Use Responsible and Inclusive Tech.
6. Support Ethical Data Decision Making.
7. Provide a Data Ethics Framework for Organizations to adopt and implement a Data Ethics First Methodology.
8. Bring Philosophical change by encouraging dialogue in the Legislation.
9. Build a Community of Global Data Advocates that demand Change.
10. Apply data in an ethical way to Reduce the Racial and Cultural divide in society, especially in Tech.
11. Be a Catalyst in building a more Equitable, Inclusive, Culture Rich, and Just Society.
12. Build Racial & Cultural Equity through Tech.
13. Encourage Social Change.
The core 12 pillars within the DataEthics4All Framework laid out by the World’s 1st Advisory Council for the responsible development of data ethics highlight some of the most substantial issues we could be tackling today.
The framework is designed to help translate the theoretical principles of data science ethics into a practical application that can be used as Guiding Principles for any Organization that wants to become a Data Ethics First Organization.
The DataEthics4All Community offers a great platform to network with the World Leaders at the Intersection of Technology, Data, Ethics, Policy & Social Impact.
The DataEthics4All Community goes beyond Data Compliance and leverages Data Ethics into a significant competitive advantage. We talk about Data Privacy, Data Compliance, Data Governance, Data Ethics, and Ethical Leadership.
We’re enabling education & learning opportunities on data privacy, data ethics & ethical leadership for Adults and Teens through blended classrooms, supportive relationships, and mentoring.
Through our Thought Leadership Events and Resources, we’re closing the Data Ethics Professional Skill Gap for Adults and educating Young Adults as early as Middle and High School on the risks and considerations of Data Privacy and Data Ethics.
We learn together Why Ethics Pays and how we can help scale the impact of Social Good.
DataEthics4All Founder & CEO, Social Impact Leader, CEO of Social Strategi LLC, Member of Data Ethics Advisory Council